Consider having your chicas over for a Mamas & Margaritas night! Celebrate your friendship, the start of summer, or just fellowship with your faves! Sip from salt-rimmed glasses, share stories, connect, laugh, cry – what happens at Moms & Margs Night STAYS at Moms & Margs Night! Chat over chips and dip on the back deck while you watch the sunset with your soul sisters! Most margaritas made with a drink mix are deliciously simple and self-explanatory. Serve a spread of fruits to flavor drinks if desired, or consider offering a non-alcoholic indulgent option for guests who want to skip the spirits. We rounded up this yum Virgin Margaritas recipe from Taste of Home.
Virgin MargaritasPrint Recipe
- high power blender for Frozen; optional
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup superfine sugar more or less to taste
- crushed ice for On the Rocks option
- club soda for On the Rocks option
- 4 cups ice for Frozen option
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
Make the lemon-lime mixture
On the rocks
- Simply combine the lime juice, lemon juice, and sugar in a small pitcher, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.1/2 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup superfine sugar, 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Blend the lime juice, lemon juice and sugar with 4 cups of ice in a high-powered blender. Blend until the mixture is nice and slushy.1/2 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup superfine sugar, 4 cups ice
Prepare the glasses
- Start by swiping one of the lime wedges around the rim of the glass.1 lime
- Pour some coarse salt onto a small plate and dip the edge of the glass into the salt, rolling it around until the edge is coated.1 tbsp kosher salt
Fill 'em up and enjoy!
On the rocks
- Fill the glasses with about 1-1/3 cups of crushed ice, first. Top the drink with a splash of club soda and garnish with a slice of lime, if desired.crushed ice, club soda
- Fill each glass with the lemon-lime mixture.