If you’re a little frantic about hosting Friendsgiving.. fear not!
I’ve got just the checklist to help you de-stress and feel more good-to-go for your gathering!
1. First of all, if someone asks to help say… you say “Heck yes!” Collaborate with your comrades to create a fun, festive, Friendsgiving!
2. Serve buffet style so you can decorate your table however you’d like – after all, that’s half the fun!
(If you prefer all the fixins at your fingertips at the dinner table, you can set up the decadent desserts on the buffet so guests can select sweets at their leisure.)
3. Offer a signature cocktail! My go to is ALWAYS Jackson Morgan Southern Cream. This year I’m serving peppermint mocha flavor. It’s so delicious and festively seasonal, I’ll probably sip on that flavor into December as well.
4. Shop your home and yard first! Find sticks and leaves from right outside to decorate with – it doesn’t get more real and rustic than that! You can also throw in nuts, berries, apples, mini pumpkins, pine cones – whatever you have that fits the festivities!
BONUS – this could also inspire a creative kiddos’ craft!
5. Create conversations starters should that awkward silence try to sit in with your group. You can select more customized topics specific to your tribe, or you can write more general inquiries like –
“What are you most thankful this year?”
“Would you rather have apple pie or pumpkin pie?”
“What are you most excited about this Christmas season?”
6. Set up a Thankful For More Leftovers station with cute to-go containers and labels where guests can pack up their preferred leftovers to take home!