Warm Up with Taco Soup
Paula Deen’s Taco Soup
Some soups I can only really savor once a season, then it’s as if my taste buds have filled their quota for that flavor and are ready to move on to the next thing. (Anyone else that way with certain foods?!) Sooo NOT the case with Paula Deen’s Taco Soup. This is my most ultimate favorite aaalllllll winter long!
Bonus: Is your tribe tiring of the traditional Taco Tuesday?
Need to mix it up?
Put a special spin on Taco Tuesday with this delicious recipe!
READY IN: 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (4 1/2ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (4 5/8ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- corn chips, for serving
- sour cream, for garnish
- grated cheese, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- sliced jalapeno, for garnish
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain off excess fat and transfer browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or stockpot.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes (I like to mash all of the tomato products before I put them in the stockpot–sometimes there are very large chunks of tomatoes, especially in the stewed tomatoes), green chilies, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix.
- Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour (or 6-8 hours on low setting in crock pot).
- To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them.
- Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapeños.