Over the last several months I’ve been praying about what it means to live a meaningful life.
In my heart I know that I do not live, work, or love for myself but instead for the Lord. SOO… what now? If my job is to work for the Lord how am I going to do that? How am I sure that every business decision I make is for the purpose of the His perfect Kingdom? AND, am I really doing his work by crafting and decorating with all my girlfriends on Facebook? Is that “really” a kingdom-called job? Oh, but I love it so much. It brings such joy to my heart. But I still wonder if this is exactly where I’m supposed to be!
I know some of you may be there too. Wondering if you are doing exactly what you are “supposed” to be doing. There are very few jobs that actually save lives or change lives, right? But can we still be purposeful if we are cleaning homes, delivering mail, managing social media accounts, or encouraging women to love and celebrate their home?
If you have ever had any of these thoughts… this post is for you!
This morning I was walking the track at my church when I had an epiphany… or as my Husby would say,
“That’s the Holy Spirit, my love.”
And here is what I know…
1. We are an example to other people to find what they LOVE and do it!
2. When we are doing what we love we will have a contagious joy and enthusiasm what will spread.
3. When we do what we love we will invest in meaningful, rich conversations that will inspire others around us.
4. When we do what we love during the day our home life at night will be rich.
And for my creative friends who are wondering if “teaching others how to glitter an ornament” is meaningful,
here is what I know for you…
1. Glittering ornaments or doing DIY and home craft projects brings joy to homes! It can completely change the attitude and atmosphere of your home. Similar to how your favorite song will totally change your mood.
2. Creating is a healthy outlet to process any emotions rather than keeping them bottled up… which is never good!
3. Living creatively kicks your imagination in full gear – making you think about new ways on living life to the fullest.
4. When you invest time into your space it quickly becomes a home that is comfortable, warm, inviting, and a place that will form memories your family will remember for a lifetime.
5. Your home needs that creative gift that you have. Thats why the Lord blessed you with it!
No matter where you are or what you are doing… your work in this world is only as significant as you make it!
If you have a longing to start your own creative business… If the Lord has placed it on your heart… Do not feel overwhelmed! Find some support, someone to cheer you on, someone to give you the information you need to be successful, and someone to give you direction.